Qeba #1: Moonrise

It was one of those days that just worked out perfectly.  I finished my work early.  I took a look at the tide charts, the weather forecast, and the lunar calendar.  Everything aligned just right for a sunset/moonrise shoot with a slack tide.  So I made my way down to Charlestown Quononchotaug Beach, QEBA actually (Quonnie East Beach Assoc) where there was easy access to a quiet beach and some great low lying rocks.  

I set up for a seascape shoot featuring the large boulder that dominated the landscape.  The clouds moved out as the sun sank lower.  I gradually recomposed as the sun set and moon rose.  Shot number three is probably my favorite with light pastels, calm water, and a moon just visible above the clouds on the horizon.  

I was so happy with the results from this shoot I returned the next day for more!  You'll have to wait for the next blog post to see those!  

Images available as Fine Art Prints over at www.catebrownphoto.com.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golden Hour Yoga

Wickford Regatta 2017

Lighthouses of RI // Lessons in Composition