Long Exposures at Hazard Rock

There was another impending snow storm and the forecast was for overcast skies and gray days.  But I took my chances one evening with a break in the clouds before the storm's arrival, and headed down to Point Judith Lighthouse.  I wanted something different than my lost shot at PJ light but the closer I got to the lighthouse, the more the shore had been burmmed up by the winter tides, leaving step levels of rock that would obscure the lighthouse if I placed my camera down by the waterline.  I had just over half an hour before sunset and made a quick decision to try another location I hadn't visited in some time:  Hazard Rock of Narragansett.

I discovered these large bluffs of orange rock back in high school but had only photographed here a couple of times.  I found a tide pool and set up my camera with time running short and the tide moving in.  I played with a couple different compositions but was working with beautiful 4 minute long exposures.  You would never know there were small waves that day looking at these shots!  The color was naturally enhanced from the long exposure, per usual.

www.catebrownphoto.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga with Shannon

Horses on the Beach

Golden Hour Yoga